Your Knightsbridge and Belgravia
Cllr Tony Devenish
Tony is a self employed interim director in a number of property outsourcing , construction and utilities companies. Tony has been active in local politics for over a decade and has stood twice for Parliament and once for the European Parliament. Tony recognises the valuable role both local businesses and residents' groups play within our vibrant communities of both Knightsbridge and Belgravia, to ensure that we all work to protect the quality of life of this very special 'village' within our capital city.
Cllr Rachael Robathan
Rachael was a fund manager in the City for almost 20 years, specialising in emerging markets. She has been actively involved in politics for all her adult life and, among other things, is currently co-Chairman of Contact, a Conservative political lecture group with over 400 members. She has lived in Westminster for 25 years and is married with two children.
Cllr Philippa Roe
Philippa Roe was elected to Westminster City Council in 2006 and was appointed Cabinet Member for Strategic Finance in 2011 following three years as Cabinet Member for Housing.
In March 2012, she was elected Leader of the Council and stood down in January 2017. Before formally entering politics, she advised the Conservative Party over many years.
She founded, built up and sold two businesses, was the CEO of a subsidiary of a public quoted company and a Director at Citigroup.
She is an alumnus of St Andrews and a Council Member of Imperial College.
We have also...
- Delivered a planning enforcement officer for Knightsbridge and Belgravia to tackle the problem of irresponsible builders. We will work to ensure that building regulations and conditions are followed and that basement development is undertaken sensitively.
- Street repairs and improvements across the ward, including:
- Resurfaced & repaved Kensington Gore
- Repaving the footway in Lyall Street
- Resurfaced Trevor Square
- Resurfaced & repaved Elizabeth Street
- Repaired the Footway in Bourne Street
- Repaired the Footway in Prince's Gardens
- Resurfaced parts of Belgrave Square
- Protected doorstep waste and recycling collections
We pledge to...
- Campaign against the Mansion Tax, which would penalise homeowners in our ward
- Seek more controls over sub basement development
- Continue to work with colleagues in Kensington and Chelsea to tackle issues such as supercars and pedicabs
- Maintain our emphasis on clean, safe streets
- Uphold our enforcement against planning and licensing infringements