The award comes from the Mayor of London’s Air Quality Fund and will be match-funded by the council and private sector partners to introduce new measures, including:A new building energy efficiency scheme
- Improving public realm spaces and creating greener spaces
- Introducing play streets for families to enjoy
- Vehicle delivery plans to reduce traffic
- Increasing patrols by ‘Air Marshals’ to enforce "no engine idling"
- Engine idling Action days when volunteers ask drivers to switch off engines when stationary
- Piloting a dedicated and bookable electric vehicle charging point scheme
Heather Acton, Cabinet Member for Sustainability and Parking said: “I am delighted that our proposal has been successful. It is a true community partnership. We now look forward to putting the proposals into action, creating a cleaner, greener Marylebone, and replicating the successful measures across Westminster'.