Applications closed on Monday 18 November and the winning bids were announced last week.
After a series of competitive bidding rounds involving the big six energy suppliers as well as smaller suppliers the winners were:
- Duel fuel online MDD: Scottish Power
- Duel fuel paper MDD: Green Star Energy (formally Pioneer Energy)
- Electric only online MDD: Scottish Power
- Electric only paper MDD: Green Star Energy
- Duel fuel PPM: Scottish Power
- Electric only PPM: British Gas
- (MDD - Monthly Direct Debit, PPM - Pre-Pay Meter)
In the coming week residents who applied will receive personal proposals with an estimate of how much they could save by switching. Cllr Melvyn Caplan, Cabinet Member for Finance, Resources and Customer Services said: "As Conservatives we believe in realistic, long term value for money and we are delighted that this latest round of bidding will save real money for the many Westminster residents that took part. Westminster has the lowest council tax rate in the country saving residents many hundreds of pounds as compared to their neighbours, the energy switch scheme is another way in which our residents can make more additional savings".
If you missed out on applying this time you can register your interest in the next big switch at readytoswitch.ichoosr.com
"As Conservatives we believe in realistic, long term value for money and we are delighted that this latest round of bidding will save real money for the many Westminster residents that took part."
Cllr Melvyn Caplan