Thank you: we would like to thank everyone for their patience over the last couple of years whilst construction activity has taken place.
All construction, street lighting and snagging works have now been completed. Please raise any issues such as road maintenance, parking contravention or illegal vehicle movements, directly with the Council by clicking here. This will ensure that the matter is dealt with in the most timely manner.
To report a problem with a traffic signal please contact TfL here.
Please also let us know of any concerns you have.
The Council will be undertaking the final traffic surveys that form part of the post-implementation monitoring strategy. Results from these surveys will then be analysed alongside the other survey data that has been collated since the switch to two-way operation.
Altogether the commissioned survey work consists of:
- Classified Turning Counts at 34 junctions to ascertain vehicle mix (York Street is included)
- Pedestrian Crossing Counts at 18 junctions to gauge crossing demand (the George Street junctions with Baker Street and Gloucester Place are included as are the two junctions with York Street)
- Pedestrian Link Counts to identify the number of pedestrians using either one of the footways at 9 sections along Baker Street
- Automatic traffic counts at 20 locations to measure vehicle speeds and numbers; and
- Journey time surveys along 7 routes for both directions of travel (these cover the major north/south and east/west routes in the area)
A comparison will be made with traffic survey data that was collected before the works started in July 2017.