Transport for London (TfL) are consulting on proposals which aim to improve safety for pedestrians and other road users at five key junctions:
- The Chapel Street/Praed Street Junction
- Sussex Gardens/Old Marylebone Junction
- Kendal Street/George Street Junction
- Connaught Street/Upper Berkeley Street Junction
- Seymour Street Junction
TfL proposals include:
- Creating new pedestrian crossings, with green and red man signals
- Adding count down timers to new and existing crossings
- Creating more space for pedestrians on the pavement
- Proposals to reduce the speed limit to 20MPH
- Providing new Advanced Stop Lines (cycle boxes) for cyclists
We would encourage residents to view the changes by attending an exhibition on 20th, 21st or 28th November or 6th December. You can find full details of times and places by clicking here, where you can also access the questionnaire. Comments can also be submitted directly to TfL by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. This consultation closes on Sunday 23rd December 2018.
Your Councillors note the consultation-data makes no reference to the impact on air-quality, as was also the case for the consultation over buses at Marylebone Station, which ended on 9th November.
Photo: Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.