After the weather broke with heavy rain, we can see autumn on the way.
Attractive as leaf fall looks, we know that many of you find it slippery and dangerous.
In the past your streets have been regularly swept for leaves but if standards slip, please let us know. We want standards to be maintained.
In the last few weeks, some of our other work for you has included:
- Continued discussion with officers about the closure of the Hopkinson House Hostel next March. Everyone wants this done properly so that its residents move successfully to new accommodation that supports them on their journey to a happier life.
- Intervening to get landlords L&Q to take resident complaints seriously. We have been working with our MP Nickie Aiken. L&Q is the sort of landlord that the independent Housing Ombudsman is taking a special interest in.
- Sorting out parking permits and Council tax reductions for residents with disabilities.
- We have highlighted a batch of streetlights that are out of action to the Council for replacement, for instance in Dean Ryle Street.
- Signposted people who have had trouble paying rent towards where they can get help.
- Secured funding to support the St Vincent’s Centre which helps local young families.
- Lobbying for proper consultation about the proposed Warwick way one way system.
- Met with residents and staff at Anchor Court to see how we could help the residents of this sheltered block deal with local challenges such as anti-social behaviour.