Westminster City Council has started implementing its new food waste strategy.
This has been welcomed by some but also generated complaints, which Cllr Jacqui Wilkinson has reported to Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg, Cabinet member responsible the roll-out.
Please share your feedback with your local Pimlico North Councillors by email as well as with Cllr Paul Dimoldenberg.
The main complaints were:
• Food waste not collected and left to rot
• Encouraging rats and vermin
• Plastic containers dumped on pavements or hung on railings in a conservation area
• New bins are easily penetrated by wildlife and/or used for casual dumping
• Concerns about the cost of implementation
We will be keeping an eye on how this project ‘beds down’ and actions taken to address concerns.