- Freeze council tax for the SIXTH year running, making sure your hard earned money stays in your pocket
- Invest in additional resources to make your streets even cleaner
- Protect front line services for vulnerable adults
- Protect libraries, leisure centres, children's centres and play services. There will be NO CUTS to these protected services
- Freeze pay-by-phone and parking meter charges
Westminster is half way through delivering a savings programme of £100 million over a 4 year period. This is the equivalent of a £400 saving for each Westminster resident. Over 75% of these savings will be delivered through further efficiency savings as opposed to reducing front line services.
Your Conservative councillors are able to offer this commitment because proposed savings are being achieved from greater efficiencies across the Council and by driving external income up. In addition, our tri-borough sharing services relationship with Kensington & Chelsea and Hammersmith & Fulham are on track to save our share of £40m a year by 2015.
Investing in Services Which Matter To You
Westminster Conservatives are investing in the services we provide to our residents, vulnerable people, visitors and business community across the City.
Despite the climate of austerity, we are seeking to press on with innovative programmes and investing in services which matter to you including:
• A new £17 million leisure centre at the Moberly site at no cost to residents
• A new troubled families programme to offer help to local people – and potentially save money for taxpayers.
• Extra money for planning enforcement to ensure the City ofWestminsterkeeps its distinctive character
Whilst this is good news delivering a savings and investment programme is tough and it will continue to be challenging but we are committed to ensure we protect services and keep developing innovative ways to work.
Our residents and taxpayers rightly expect our services to be excellent, fit for purpose but also to provide real value for money. That is what your Conservative Council are committed to delivering.