I am incredibly proud to call Westminster my home and to be bringing up my young family in this great city. I am equally proud that in 2014 the people of Westminster put their trust in the Conservatives to ensure that every penny of council taxpayers’ money is well spent. As a result we now have the lowest Council Tax in the country and some of the best local services. Westminster Conservatives’ vision is for a city where families continue to live in the heart of London; where they flourish helped by great value local services including schools and social care and live in a clean and green environment.
Over the last four years Westminster Conservatives have:
- Maintained excellent services for the lowest Council Tax in UK
- Protected our at least twice weekly bin collections and regular street cleaning
- Begun the largest house-building programme for a generation to provide nearly 2,000 new council and genuinely affordable homes by 2023
- Launched London’s first Clean Air Manifesto
- Launched our Housing Standards Task Force to hold irresponsible and rogue landlords to account
- Introduced our Integrated Streets Engagement Unit to give focused
- support to people begging and sleeping rough
Over the next four years we will continue to provide outstanding services for the lowest Council Tax in the country, protect the vulnerable, ensure our young people have the best possible start in life, build more affordable homes and improve air quality. We will strive to make Westminster a better place to live, work and visit, a
city where all can achieve, a city for everyone. I hope that our local Westminster Conservative Candidates and I can count on your support on Thursday 3rd May.
COUNCILLOR NICKIE AIKEN
LEADER WESTIMINSTER CITY COUNCIL
Back to Our Manifesto