COVID has affected every business in our City.
As Westminster has emerged from lockdown, we’ve worked hard to support the hospitality and retail sectors in particular.
We granted licences for al-fresco dining, widened pavements and partnered with some of our City’s leading cultural institutions to host ‘Inside Out’, a pioneering outdoor festival; all to help encourage visitors to return.
We will continue to work with businesses across all sectors to recover from COVID and create jobs across our City.
We have successfully made the case to national government for bespoke support for our City’s businesses, reflecting their unique cultural significance.
- Work with businesses of all sizes to support the recovery of the West End in the wake of COVID.
- Invest in local high streets across our City.
- Continue the delivery of our award-winning pop-up programme which supports local entrepreneurs and helps fill empty units on our high streets.
- Facilitate the delivery of skills and training to help people in work living in Westminster into better, higher-paid jobs or to start their own business.
- Provide one-on-one support to help our City’s long-term unemployed and those who have lost their jobs and businesses through the pandemic back into work.