Reporting suspicious behaviour to the Police

We are often asked by residents about the best way to report suspicious behaviour to the Police. We have consulted them and been told that if a crime is in the process of taking place then you should ring ‘999’ but where an offence has happened, then you should ring ‘101’. If you able to take a photo of the perpetrator that would be a great help but only if it is safe to do so. Having mobile phones have changed our lives in so many ways and they can be a useful tool to record issues.  

For people who live within a Neighbourhood Watch scheme you may be interested to learn a new website was recently launched where you can access information on crime prevention.  And for those who use Facebook there is a Neighbourhood Watch page here.